National Parks are the best idea we ever had. Absolutely American, absolutely democratic, they reflect us at our best rather than our worst.— Wallace Stegner
Gorgeous illustrations of nine iconic National Parks are featured on the covers of nine Memo Books, which are grouped into the three 3-Packs that make up the “National Parks” Series. Choose your favorite 3-Pack!
The covers are printed on a variety of colored 100-lb. cover stocks from the French Paper Company of Niles, Michigan, using a custom, five-color process that started with under-printing white ink. This allowed us to incorporate the color of the paper into the artwork. The illustrative styles, the printing process, and the copper staples recall the heritage, and archival promotional materials and publications, of the National Park System.
Each book features a brief history of the park on its inside back cover, a spot for the official National Park Passport Stamp on the inside front cover, and 48 pages of Finch Opaque 60#T marked with a 3/16" graph to record your plans, routes, notes, and memories.
These Field Notes are a tribute to places in the U.S.A. that can only truly be appreciated in person. Please visit, enjoy, and support our National Parks. We hope when you visit your favorite national park, you’ll bring along your new favorite memo book, get it stamped, and tag us in your photos.
We anticipate infinite e-mails and social media posts asking about all the other parks… don’t think for a moment we don’t love ’em all, but we had to start somewhere!
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: A variety of French 100#C papers, some with a few burly hits of opaque white under process cyan, magenta, yellow, and black soy-based Toyo inks.
03. Cover printed in two passes through a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press.
04. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Green Earth” soy-based Toyo ink.
05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
06. Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge round-corner machine.
07. Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. FNC-43a Yosemite, Acadia, Zion UPC: 858493003813
12. FNC-43b Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree, Mount Rainier UPC: 858493003820
13. FNC-43c Rocky Mountain, Great Smoky Mountains, Yellowstone UPC: 858493003837
Why not choose a card + let us mail this gift for you? We'll inscribe the card + include it with your gift with no added shipping! Just choose a card and click the link in the description to let us know what you'd like to say. Easy, quick, worry-free!
Include a gift card for easy gift giving. Send a physical cute gift card inside your greeting card. Fill in the info for the inscription at the link above, then choose your gift card* amount here! Easy!
*We'll keep the gift card on file so there's no worry if it gets lost.